190g plain flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp bicarb of soda
1tsp baking powder
150g caster sugar
2tbsp golden syrup
2 eggs, beaten
150ml vegetable oil
1. Heat the oven to 160C, grease and line two 20cm sandwich tins.
2. Sieve the flour, cocoa, bicarb, baking powder and caster sugar into a large bowl.
3. Add the syrup, beaten eggs, oil and milk.
4. Beat well and pour into the tins.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
6. Turn onto a wire rack, remove the paper and leave to cool.
50g cocoa powder
2-3 tbsp hot water
200g icing sugar, sifted
Packet of Giant Chocolate Buttons
1. Put the cocoa, hot water and butter in a bowl and beat until smooth.
2. Add the icing sugar to make a thick icing
3. Fill and top the cake with the icing and decorate with the chocolate buttons