George Wilkinson Great British Bakeware is made in Lancashire and this premium range has an innovative & exclusive long life coating. GlideX is bonded directly onto your ovenware to ensure it keeps performing like new every time. It is scratch resistant, flake-resistant and virtually indestructible. Tested rigorously by Wilkinsons, GlideX outperforms all other non-stick brands.
I have found that mince pies can be difficult to get out of the tin, especially if some of the mincemeat oozes out the side and bakes on, sticking the pastry to the tin. This is especially tricky when they are mini pies and they can break as you try to lever them out. I'm pleased to say that this wasn't a problem at all with the George Wilkinson Great British Bakeware mini tart tin.
Instant Chocolate MincemeatThis is mincemeat that you can mix up quickly using any mixture of dried fruits and nuts you have in your cupboard, the addition of some chopped chocolate, adds a lovely richness to the fruit mixture. Makes approximately 1 medium jar.
Zest of a lemon
Juice of half a lemon
1 Cox's Orange Pippin apple
1/4 cup sultanas
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup prunes, chopped
1/4 cup raisins
1 tbsp brandy
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable suet
1/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped
1 tbsp pistaschio nuts chopped
1. Put the zest and lemon juice in a bowl, grate the apple including the skin, into the juice.
2. Add all the other ingredients and stir.
3. Store in a lidded jar in the fridge until ready to use.
Mini- Mince PiesFor 1 dozen mini mince pies
1/2 jar of Instant Mincemeat or other Mincemeat
1/2 quantity of sweet shortcrust pastry
1 egg, beaten
1. Heat the oven to 180C.
2. Lightly grease the tart tin.
3. Using a medium pastry cutter, cut out 12 rounds and place them into the tin.
4. Add a teaspoon of mincemeat to each tart.
5. Using a small pastry cutter, cut out 12 tops.
6. Brush the edge of the bases with egg wash and add the lids pressing down firmly around the edges.
7. Brush the tops of the tarts with egg wash (optional)
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
9. Cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then remove to a cooling tray.
10. Dust with icing sugar to serve.